A Week in Reality TV
In a single week (w/c 2nd May 2009):
– 41 different reality titles were broadcast on Freeview channels alone
– at least 12 of these programmes were screened daily
– a number were repeated in different time slots throughout the day.
– A range of TV listings magazine, preferably recent.
Using a TV listings magazine, compile a list of all the reality shows on air over the course of a single week, both free to air, and non-terrestrial.
– calculate the number of hours per week given to reality TV on different channels
– evaluate the type and range of programmes on different channels to see what patterns emerge in their scheduling
– investigate whether different types of reality show predominate at different points during the day